Friday, January 12, 2007

I think I have ADD

Not ADHD, because I'm certainly not hyperactive.

But I honestly cannot concentrate on my studies. My horrible procrastination caught up with me this past week, and I got stuck working on a paper (original due date: Nov. 29) when I was given a drop dead, do-or-die date by the prof. of yesterday (Thursday).

It wasn't a hard paper... only 8-10 pages. I took Wednesday evening to do the paper. And even with the pressure on, I was still interrupting my work that evening to: check my e-mail; log on to a couple of message boards; I had the live updates from the Raptors game on; getting something to eat; peeking in on my sleeping daughter.

I had 3.5 pages done when I started at 7 p.m. I didn't role into bed until I had e-mailed the paper to my prof. at 2:30 a.m. And I know that the paper was not up to snuff. If I was working efficiently, I could have been in bed by midnight (at a rate of 1 page per hour) with a quality paper. Instead, it took me 7.5 hours to hand in someting mediocre at best.

I've finally made an appointment to see somebody about this. But, being the self-diagnosing type, I'm going on record to say that I think I have Adult ADD, even though I have no idea what that entails.

4 comments:

Jen said...

That sounds like something I would do, but I don't think I have ADD. I'm just really, really lazy. :)

Aislinn Sirk said...

I was going to comment, but then I forgot.

kim (weltek) said...

I'm sorry, Meemo. That's so frustrating. I have the same problem, but not all the time. It's why I can't work from home effectively. Let us know what the doc says. *smooch*

Kimmah said...

I have it and I'm off my meds, which is reminding me why I took meds in the first place.

Good luck!