Wednesday, May 17, 2006

I have a fashion twin

My office is about 80 per cent female. That means we have three guys in our office (including me). One guy is 50+, and keeps to himself, dressing quite inappropriately (read: slobby). The other guy is a couple of years younger than me, but dresses very conservatively and simple (not to mention a bushy beard and longer hair).

I consider myself to be somewhat fashion forward (think clean-cut GQish on a budget), so considerably different from the other guys . So last year another guy gets hired on (not in my department, but his cubicle is right next to mine).

He is my fashion twin. We own several of the same shirts. We style our hair similarly. We are both tall, slim, with dark hair. We like the same stores. We even live three blocks from each other.

I? HATE.IT.

I feel like I'm trapped. I used to be an individual. Now, I just get associated with "how much we look alike." On numerous occassions we have shown up to work wearing the exact same thing. This drives me bonkers.

What do I do?

8 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Give Meemo the extra piece of cake...he could use it! Oh wait, wrong post. ;-)

Schnookie said...

Go nekkid *grin*

Alice said...

Nookie beat me to it. :P

kevingrout said...

You guys remember I do live in Canada, right? Summer time might be okay, but what happens when the cold winters come?

(wow, if that's not a set-up, I don't know what is)

kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, I've got an idea! Become my fashion twin. That will earn you some special attention.

HistoryDetective said...

Sigh. I was also going to suggest that somebody needed to eat more cake. Everybody always steals my responses.

Swami said...

I dunno - face piercings?

Try something different and see if he copies you. He may be trying to 'cash in' so to speak on your reputation or mojo (or whatever it is you have going for you at work) by staying your twin.

Do you keep your cubicles similarly neat? Or similarly sparse? Spice up your space if that would help to define you better.

~Nutz said...

Duh! Wear clown shoes & a big, red nose!