Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm still here... and kicking....

Not sure if everyone has given up on me, but I'm still here, and hope to start contributing more frequently again.

1. January and February were brutal for sickness around our family. Everything from respiratory infections to stomach bugs (resulting in me yakking for the first time in about 15 years. Yay.)

2. I'm in desperate need of a haircut.

3. Wheezy's book "Wake" is now available in bookstores. Go and get it... author Lisa McMann. I have a copy sitting on my desk right here beside me. See:



Oh crap, I just posted a pic of myself, didn't I? And for the record, my mac reverses the image... that's not a misprinted cover or anything...

4. Why am I still dealing with acne on a daily basis at age 33? *sigh*

5. I've been having self-esteem issues of late. Can you tell? lol

6. That cruise back in Nov.? Seems like years ago. That's the last time I take a November vacation and then have to ride out the rest of the winter.

7. I think I'm this close *pinches fingers together* to convincing my wife that we need to relocate to a more temperate climate. The weather has really gotten to me this year to the point it's affecting my personality and my moods. Anybody want to sponsor me for a job so that I can move to the U.S.?

8. I think I deserve a big raise... now I just have to wait for the right opportunity to ask for it.

*smooches and hugs to all my bloggy friends*

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Meeeeemo! Always good to see your smiling face and dapper looks.

I hear you on the climate thing. I love Wisconsin summer and fall, but generally dislike the rest of the year. I'm getting in a cabin fever funk.

I'm working on a job reclassification this year. I may have to quit my job for a few weeks and reapply for the new one. Scary, but it might get me a really fat, much deserved raise. You know university stuff...it's not easy to get a substantial raise. Good luck asking for yours! Never hurts to ask.

Puffy said...

I keep scrolling back up to see your picture. You're a good-looking guy.

Swami said...

Oh look! I click in here for the first time in weeks and there's a new post. Lucky me! (For the record, I never gave up - just put you on the bi-monthly fishing list.)

You know, for Canada you have a pretty good climate! Maybe Bob can find you a job in Victoria. There are not many good jobs left in the U.S.

For a minute there, I thought you had the Russian language version of Wheezy's book!

I think your mistake was coming back from the cruise...

kevingrout said...

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. And you're making me blush :-)

We're anticipating another 50 cm (20") of snow over the next 36 hours. Yay. Grrrrrr!

lights said...

I was just coming over here to post a "How's the weather?" post on your last blog post. *giggle*

Just as handsome as ever. Be jealous ladies...I've had a Meemo hug! And? I may get another one this summer when I'm in his neighborhood not once but twice!

My family is coming to Niagara Falls at the end of April. I will send you an email cause I have a couple questions for you. Then in September we'll be in your town for a wedding. *hops*

*throws a snowball @ Meemo* Should I tell you that it's going to be sunny and mild here in NORTHERN Ontario? *snort*

Bravie said...

Mr. Meemo, the handsome man who always makes me swoon. *smooch*

Anonymous said...

*sits with the other swooners*

I checked and checked and checked for a while. I didn't give up and am glad you are back. It looks like I'm just a little late finding you.