Thursday, August 30, 2007

I have a cold...

.. but ironically, my new office is ridiculously hot. I can't find a thermostat, so I've called Facilities mgmt. to see if they can do anything to keep me from sweating. After typing that out, I now have Nelly's "It's gettin' hot in herrre" going through my head.

I just applied online to be on the Canadian version of "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader." Colin Mocherie is the host for a few episodes that they will air this fall. I'll know next week if they're going to want me for an interview. *crosses fingers*

I had minor surgery on my left hand last week. Nothing major, but it was surgery none-the-less. I've realized how difficult it is to take care of two young children when you have one functioning hand. Not easy, especially when the 6 month-old seems to have a magnetic attraction to kicking and hitting the swollen and bruised hand.

That's it for now. I suppose I could make a gratuitously flattering mention of Bravie here in order to score points, but since I don't know that it will score points, I won't bother. Maybe instead, I should just make fun of Breezy and Boo in order to increase my point total? Hmmmmm.......

8 comments:

frodis said...

So, have you taken off all your clothes?

I like Colin Mocherie. He's my favorite "Whose Line. . . " guy. I hope you make it on the show!

Anonymous said...

Frodis took my answer.

I hope you get on the show too!! That would be so cooooooool.

*smooches Meemo's hand*

I am in Bravie's good graces at the moment, so making fun of me might actually result in lost points. Breezy, on the other hand, seems to be fair game.

kevingrout said...

*sits here nekkid*

Boo, how the heck did you redeem yourself by 250 points?! What did I miss?

I know the show's a longshot, but I have some quirky luck that has come through before.

kim (weltek) said...

Ooh, that sounds cool! I love Colin and am glad you know how to spell his last name. You are already Smarter than a Wisconsin Woman.

Sorry about your hand! Hard to steer a stroller with one hand, I bet.

*dances in Meemo's hot new office*

Debcapsfan said...

You could do that yoga where the room is all hot in your office. Our lab runs cold, which suits me fine since I'm hot blooded. :)
I hope your hand is healing nicely.
Oh, and I love Colin Mocherie too.

Puffy said...

*loans room fan to Meemo*

MM said...

No word yet? When will you know? *crosses fingers*

Oh, and thanks for dropping by my blog. I didn't know you had trouble getting in. I just assumed you hated me. *grin*

Lisa McMann said...

I totally love Colin -- tell him I said hi. :)

wheeze