Monday, September 10, 2007

Six things....

1. Well, I never got the call about "Are You Smarter than a Canadian 5th Grader?" I think they were worried that I'd breeze through the show with my genius :-)

2. Speaking of Breezy, what do you think the odds I can convince her and Bravie to swing by my place on their way to see Lightsy? I'm sure it's out of the way, but what could I offer them to try and change their minds?

3. My procrastinating is getting out of hand again. I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with work and school and life in general. Crap... my cruise is still 9.5 weeks away.

4. As much as I was embarrased for Britney Spears performance last night, I find it disgusting that the media would hype about her being "embarrassingly out of shape" and "the paunch in place of Spears' once-taut belly" as one AP story put it. Sure, she shouldn't have been out there in the first place, but it really bugs me how once again popular media decide that how she (or anyone else) looks (which, in my humble opinion as a heterosexual male, was pretty good for being a mother of two) does not meet the standards of beauty or health. *flips the bird to all those media who felt the need to point that out*

5. Can Zach please, please, please make it to the final two? I can't stand to see Dick and Daniele together in the finale.

6. Why is it that university students today don't know how to flush a toilet or piss where they're supposed too? I refuse to use the washrooms here unless absolutely necessary because of their state. And it's not that they don't get cleaned. They do, several times a day. Sorry, that might be TMI, but I had to get it off my chest.

8 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

1. Obviously they were worried.
2. Tainted milk and Brett Favre?
3. Tomorrow I will be in a pinch because I'm playing too much today. *hangs head in shame with Meemo*
4. Totally agree. I was looking for her "paunch" and didn't see it. Sure, her belly wiggled a little, but wow, I thought she looked amazing. Her dance moves, however, sucked. Could she look any less enthusiastic?
5. & 6. I dunno.

mtw said...

I've been procrastinating far too much lately too. In fact, this was SUPPOSED to be a reply to your Aug 30 post!

Anonymous said...

1. Sorry. Perhaps they have forwarded your file to something bigger and better. So now would be a good time to ask yourself if you are smarter than a 9th grader? *grin*

2. About the same odds as I would get for them taking a side trip to Richmond.

3. Mine too, my friend. I have a major project for Conner's teachers that he just left, I need to get going on my Stampin Up stuff, and a few other crafty things. At least I did pull most of my resume together this weekend, and I have been good about taking the next steps to a new career.

4. Well said.

5. Well said again.

6. It's not just university students. It's also business professionals. Disgusting.

momma said...

I don't want Zach to get to Final2. Having him as Final3 is bad enough, IMO.

And I wondered much the same about Britney...for the first time, we have someone who has some curves and weighs more than 90lbs and the media gives her all kinds of shit for it. Mother or not, she still looks good (as long as you don't look at her hair or clothing choices).

As for the rest, I have no answers.

Swami said...

1. Yeah, they can't get someone TOO smart on the show.

2. Slim. I'm guessing they will cross the border at Sarnia so your best shot might be to meet them around London/Woodstock. Dropping down to your town would be a major traffic-bucking issue. (Fondly remembers the 60s, when confused Canadians kept stealing Woodstock ON road signs to pretend they were at that other Woodstock, and the town almost changed it's name to protect the innocent.)

3. Isn't that 9.25 weeks now?

4. I thought her body looked fine. They should have mocked her for moving like a zombie and being way less than vital. She phoned it in. I guess she needs the money. That's all I got.

5. I have never hated a Final Three so much in my life! My hate list, from most hated to least hated: Daniele, Dick, Zach. I think the whole jury should feign sleep when Julie asks them to cast their vote. They will have to vote of course but they should do something!

6. I dunno. Poor hygeine seems like a stupid way for someone to flaunt their new independence. (It got on your chest!?! Ewww!!!)

MM said...

I'm positive your application made them nervous. Absolutely!

I would love for you to be able to meet Bravie and Breezy! I have no idea where you are compared to where they are going though, so I can't give you any odds on that.

Hang in there! 9 weeks will go fast!

Your #4 made me swoony. ;-) I agree with you. In fact, until it was pointed out, I didn't notice her belly at all.

I'm with you about Zach. He didn't register at all on my love/hate list before, but I'd much prefer him over a Donato F2.

As for your last complaint, I believe it is their mother's fault. They were never properly trained and have no respect for other people. *sigh*

*smooch*

Puffy said...

I've been in a lot of public toilets lately. I think that some people don't know what to do when the automatic toilet flushers don't work. They don't know that you have to press the little button manually.

Puffy said...

I must add that I don't usually hang out in public toilets. This was a one-time deal.