Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Potty training and the like.....

1. DD started potty training last week, and has essentially become a pro at it. Yesterday, she got 8 stickers and had 0 accidents. Woohoo! Fewer diapers to buy!

2. I had my annual review with my Little Brother last night (and the caseworker from Big Brothers). This month marks our 4 year anniversary of being matched. He is an awesome kid and I can see us being friends for a long, long time. He's 13 now, and just got through some major surgeries on his legs (had some muscles restructured, stretched and moved) so he's in two leg casts for the next 5 weeks. The thing is? He's totally making the best of it, not complaining, and keeps looking at the bright side of things. Last night he was asked what he's learned from me since we've been matched. If anything, I've been the one learning about myself.

3. Meemo Jr. is now the proud owner of his first tooth. That partially explains all the wetness I described below.

4. Looks like the cruise is a-go. We're scheduling to go during hurricane season (our anniversary is Oct. 25), but we're getting cancellation insurance, and we like living on the edge ;-) Nothing is officially booked yet, but likely will be by the end of the week.

5. It's my birthday in two weeks, and I realize that I really don't want anything this year (well, other than to meet a few more of you blogger peeps).

6. I did an audit of my holidays, and realize I still have 13.5 days left for the year. That's nearly 3 weeks! *starts looking at calendar to see what days to take off*

7. The state of my desk has been a running joke here for the past couple of years - absolutely disasterous. I finally cleaned it on Friday, and nobody can believe it. Of course, I can't find anything now :-)

8. I'm going to end at 8, because I have a meeting to go to. I really didn't intend to make a list anyways, but you got one.

*smooches*

6 comments:

MM said...

Congrats on the potty training! That is such a big accomplishment once it's done.

And a tooth already? Where has the time gone!? Sheesh! They look so cute when the teeth start coming in. :)

Kimmah said...

potty training the kids was as big an accomplishment for me as any college degree.

i'm going to start my school year off with a clean desk. kids will probably faint dead away.

kim (weltek) said...

I didn't know you were a big brother. I bet you are fantastic. The kiddo is lucky.

Swami said...

I'm glad you made a list. I like lists.

And congrats on the potty training! Little girls are easy that way.

Your little brother sounds like a neat kid.

Bravie said...

I would like to go on the cruise with you. :)
Yay for potty training. I love potty and poopoo talk. *grin8

Lisa McMann said...

Hey you! Nobody tells me anything! It's great to see what your kids are up to these days.

Thanks for your comment on my blog -- you are a sweetheart. *hug*

WAKE 03.04.08