Monday, July 30, 2007

A few things...

1. I sent in my resume on Friday for the outside position. That afternoon, "Jill" (the Manager there who used to be my coworker) called me to say how thrilled she was to see my resume. She told me she would be reviewing all the resumes this past weekend, and would be booking interviews for later this week. She said she would be in touch, and seeing me soon.

2. On a related job note, our new VP starts on Monday (who I will report to directly until they hire for the position that I'm currently filling). I have no idea what to expect, but I almost hope the other search (mentioned above) takes a bit of time so I can get a feel for the new guy and how he operates. If he's a jerk, it will make my decision alot simpler. If he's great, my decision will be much tougher.

3. I did Dragon Boat racing on Saturday. Has anyone ever done that before? It was my fourth year participating with the University team. We finished 11 out of 32 teams (our best ever in 8 years). Not bad for a thrown-together team of some staff and students - no faculty participate ever. Even if I end up working elsewhere, I would like to continue doing this as an alumni down the road. We have a blast, and I don't get out on the water often enough :-)

4. Tomorrow is the mini-triathlon, and my 33 birthday. I'm going down to the pool at lunch for one more crack at things. On Saturday, I did the Dragon Boat racing, then went for a light jog in the evening and then did 30 minutes on the elliptical. Yesterday, I did nothing to train. Today, I will swim, and maybe do a bike ride this evening. I don't want to overdo it today and end up injuring myself for tomorrow (it's also supposed to be really hot and humid. Yay.). I'll ask my DW to post something on OT in case the triathlon kills me. If it doesn't, who knows what crazy thing I'll try next.

5. I got to play my electric guitar in a performance last night for the first time in a while (I usually play acoustic). I ended up busting a string half-way through the set (I'm pretty sure it was my g-string *snicker*), and didn't have any spares to re-string. *sigh* Nothing more embarassing than snapping your g-string in the middle of a performance.

6. Do you guys remember Wheezy? She wrote a book, scheduled for distribution next spring. You can, however, pre-order the book through Amazon at www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1416953574/simonsayscom (I'm too lazy to figure out how to embed a link on blogger). Go and do it now. Let's get her on the NY Times bestseller list. Kimmah has a link on her blog too.

7. I had a salmon/cirtus salad for lunch yesterday that was sooooooo good. I'm still thinking about it.

8. Crap. It's almost noon. I have to go swim. I might continue this later, but for now, it's a list of ... nine. I thought of something else.

9. My oh my, how I wish I could have been on Carey & MM's date. That is all.

2 comments:

momma said...

Good luck with your interview!!! I would bet you have that job almost in hand.

A triathalon? Damn. That would kill me. Happy Early Birthday!

Puffy said...

I'm looking forward to reading "Wake," Wheezy's book.