Thursday, July 10, 2008

Because everyone else is doing it...

.. and I need a new post

That Marriage Thing


1. What date is your anniversary? October 25, 1997.

2. Where did you get married? In the church we currently attend, St. Catharines, Ontario

3. Who proposed and how? I did. DW won a trip for two to backpack across Europe from a Toronto radio station. She wisely chose me (her boyfriend of four years). I brought the ring with me, and proposed to her in Lucerne, Switzerland (about a week into the trip). That's really more romantic than it sounds, because the actual setting was at a "camp" ground where we were staying, and she had recently come back from the shower so her hair was still wet.

4. How long were you engaged? Just over a year.

5. What was your favorite part of your wedding day (and it can't be your husband)? We rented a red double-decker bus to get the whole wedding party from the ceremony to the reception.

6. What would you change if you could? Hmm.... not much. Well, the guys did have walking sticks that came with their tuxes. It took about 10 minutes before they started whacking each other in the back of the legs with them and sword-fights broke out. So I probably would have nixed them.

7. What were your wedding colors? Black tuxes, purple bridesmaid dresses.

8. Remember anything special about your wedding ceremony? When we kissed, I lifted up my leg a la Mike Myers in So I Married an Axe Murderer.

9. Were you clean or messy when you cut your cake? Clean. We're Canadian, eh!

10. Where did you go on your honeymoon? Spent our wedding night at the Sheraton Fallsview in Niagara Falls, and then took off to Varadero, Cuba for seven days of sand and sun.

4 comments:

Bravie said...

Awwwww, you're so sweet and romantic. I wish I were married to you. *blink blink*

kim (weltek) said...

I saw him first, you hussy!

Puffy said...

Walking sticks?!? Never heard of walking sticks in a wedding party. A wet-hair proposal sounds nice. I wonder if she was wearing a towel at the time.

kevingrout said...

Lol... yes she was full dressed Puffy (but I can assure you that you aren't the first to ask that question :-)

As for the walking sticks, we thought they would add to the refined look of the guys in the party. Needless to say, it didn't work out quite like that.

And Carey and Kim -- please no hostility in my blog. This is a happy place :D