Friday, June 27, 2008

As if I wasn't dumb enough....

Yesterday I put myself through our second annual Try-a-Tri.

Tri as in Triathlon.

Yup, I punished myself through a 100m swim, a 12.4 km bike ride, and a 3.1 km run. Just so no one is confused, I'm not a super-athlete... in fact I do these things to remind me how out-of-shape I am lol.

The field of 20 competitors this year was much stronger than last year (there was one guy who has done the Ironman in Hawaii). So I was just hoping to not come last.... I came third last :-)

I did improve on my time from last year, but not as much as I had hoped. Then again, considering I can't swim, I should just be thankful I didn't drown.....

Here's a pic of me wrapping up the bike leg. Notice the guy behind me about to finish his run and the race.



Oh well, I'll get them next year, right? :-)

5 comments:

Kimmah said...

I am in awe of anyone who can finish a triathalon. I can't even imagine.

Puffy said...

At least you were still riding your bike. The girl next to you is walking her bike.

kim (weltek) said...

Fast or not, it's still quite awesome that you try! I'm too chicken to even consider such a thing!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!!!

I have put that on my bucket list. But I think my goals are: 5k, 8k, 10k. Then I will go for the tri.

Nailbone said...

My nephew competed in a half-tri last weekend, but didn't even complete the swim. He would have done well in the bike and run, but he's not a strong swimmer and he didn't train enough for that part.

We're proud of him anyway.

And in awe of you.