Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I love summer time....

Maybe I'll make this a list...

1) I have been very active this summer.... what with my past escapades including the Lake to Lake and my Try-a-Tri that I've already posted about.

Next up is our local Dragon-boat races. I've done them the past four years, and it's more fun than anything, but an intense work-out during the 3-minute races :-)

2) I was out for a bike ride last night and had my first real spill of the year (not bad, considering the number of times I've been out already). I clipped a tree while going downhill at a pretty good pace. Twisted my front wheel and went over the handlebars and down an embankment, landing at the base of a tree. I'm ok, just have a sore wrist and back today, and some war-wounds to show off. Lucky nothing was broken.

3) On a related note, I've never had a broken bone before. I cringe at the thought of it, so I'd likely pass out if I ever did. Guess I should limit the opportunities for something like that to happen :-)

4) My birthday is coming up in a couple weeks, and frankly, I can't think of a single thing that I want. I guess that's what they call contentment. My FIL, OTOH (how you like them acronyms), wants tickets to see the Miami Dolphins play the Buffalo Bills for his 60th coming up. I'm going to try and accommodate him.

5) I'm eating carrots and celery for a snack right now. I guess that's better than a chocolate bar, right? But I'd rather be eating the chocolate bar.

1 comment:

kim (weltek) said...

See, now why did you have to go and mention chocolate?

Glad you survived the tumble ok!