Thursday, May 29, 2008

This and that...

I figured it was time for an update... nothing of signifcance, but an update nonetheless.

1. A week-and-a-half ago I got an email from the Exec. Search company about the Tampa job. It was basically a written interview... about 12 different questions ranging from

• What are the five most important projects you have worked on? Either on your own or with other people?

to

• Given your years of experience and the success that you have enjoyed in your work, please expand on why you believe you are well suited for this position?


So pretty in depth stuff. I assume there using this process to short list candidates before passing them on to the organization. They told me previously that it was almost a sure thing that they'd be passing mine along anyways, given my depth of experience. I'll let you know how things go.

2. I got a tune-up on my bike this week, and then proceeded to do a 15 km ride on some very tricky trails with my friends. It was a technical ride, and I was told it was much more difficult than the 52 km route I'll be riding in a couple of weeks.

3. Ultimate frisbee started again last night! And I'm not too sore today!

4. My boss is moving from the office directly next to me up 12 floors today. This is a good thing.

5. My cousin is getting married this weekend in Ottawa. I haven't seen any of my dad's side of the family in about 7 years, so it will be nice to catch up. Which leads to...

6. As a result of the wedding, I'm taking tomorrow (and Monday) off, which makes three long-weekends in a row. Which leads to...

7. The bad news? My boss is also going to be in Ottawa this weekend for a conference. Staying at THE.SAME.HOTEL. Hopefully, run-ins will be kept to a minimum. Which leads to....

8.I got a great deal on the hotel using Priceline.com This is the second time I've used it (the other time when we went to Pittsburgh *waves to Glowie*) and I've been very happy with the results both times. We saved about 50 per cent off of the book rates.

9.This list is starting to look like Boo's list from earlier in the week, isn't it? I better stop there then. :-)

4 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

LOL-I was just thinking your list looked like Boo's.

I just had two steals on Priceline, too! About 60% off the cheapest internet rates I could find anywhere else for two Hyatt (Milwaukee and downtown Chicago-over Jazz Fest/Labor Day weekend!). Yay for Priceline!

Those are pretty good questions that will give them a real sense of why you enjoyed and excelled on projects. Good luck!!!! I'm so excited you might be moving to warmer temps!

Enjoy the wedding. I like catching up with family. Once per year is about my limit, though.

Anonymous said...

Which leads to me giving you a big round of applause.

Bravo Meeemo!!!

Those are some interesting questions. Does the boss moving change anything for you or are you still pretty set on leaving?

Puffy said...

I need to try Priceline.

kevingrout said...

The work situation goes beyond just the boss Boo. It's a structural and cultural problem that's beating me down.

I'm not leaving for sure, but keeping my eyes open for a better situation.