Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wacky Wednesday

Wow, where have I been? And that title is an homage to Kim, not a rip-off :-)

How about a list for old time's sake...

1. Today is election day in Ontario. So will we get four more years of the idiot Premier who lied about not raising taxes, has lost thousands of jobs for the province, and has done nothing to alleviate the health care crisis that we face? More than likely.

Idiots.

2. I'm also going to play ultimate frisbee tonight, as we are quickly coming to an end of the season. We currently lose daylight around 7 p.m. here now, so our window of opportunity is just about up. Believe me, it's not a good idea to try and catch a frisbee in the dark.

3. DS now has 4 teeth (two top chompers, and two bottom chompers) and just started crawling. Time is a'flyin'. O

4. On a related note, DD is 2.5 going on 12.

5. Monday was a holiday, but because we have our Fall Convocation ceremonies this week, I have to work on Saturday. So even during a short week, I'm still working five days. *sigh*

6. Only six weeks until my cruise that I really can't afford to be taking right now :-)

7. More importantly, my 10 year wedding anniversary is coming up in two weeks. Guess I should go get a card. In truth, DW and I are probably having our roughest patch in the past 10 years right now. We are at loggerheads over far too many (not-so-trivial) issues.

8. I just found out that as a Big Brother, I got a voucher to take my Little Brother to one of the best Chinese buffets in town (the Madarin, for those in the loop). Meemo likey free food, especially when it's all-you-can-eat.

9. I'm tired of waiting for an official reveal. I got an awesome black t-shirt from BOOOOOOOOOOO! And it came with it's own drinking glass! I'll try to get a pic taken so that I can post it here later this week. Kudos to her for having to send it internationally. I really do appreciate and love the shirt, and have worn it proudly several times. Thanks so much!

10. I need to get a new vehicle soon.... DW wants a minivan... I want anything other than a minivan. Any suggestions for a family of four (including two kids under the age of three)?

Ten, that's a good place to stop.

8 comments:

momma said...

Good luck to you and DW. It's never easy when you disagree over not-so-trivial stuff. Hopefully the anni and cruise will help you both relax and remember why you are together and find ways and time to work it all out.

A minivan?! Eek. I loved my Explorer when the kids were little. Suburbans are also nice. Unfortunately neither gets halfway great gas mileage. :(

Bravie said...

I can relate to number seven more than I care to. So a big *HUG* for the Meemo.

Puffy said...

Hopefully the anniversary cruise will help get you both back on the right track together again. *smooch*

It's 6:45 pm here right now and it's too dark for frisbee. Wahhh! I love me some sunlight until about 8:30 pm or so.

*looking forward to the t-shirt picture*

Schnookie said...

I think I'd be afraid of ultimate frisbee.

Good luck with things Meemo. Like the others have said, hopefully the cruise will help things between you and your DW.

I revealed my t-shirt on my blog. *grin* Thanks again Meemo. I really love it!!!

Yay for free chinese food. I was just telling DH today that I need a chinese food fix.

Glowie said...

awww. {{{hug}}} I'm sorry about you and DW.

Lots of pictures from the cruise please.

ummmm... I'm sending an email.

kim (weltek) said...

Goodness that's a long list. Glad I could inspire your title. :-)

1. *flips the bird to politicians*

2. Yay for frisbee!

3 & 4. It's so great the kids are growing up and healthy. Too bad the crawling years are upon you...lots of chasing to do.

5. Did you have a good Thanksgiving?

6 & 7. Happy Anniversary! Rough patches suck. As long as you realize it's a patch, you are already ahead of the game. A vacation is just what you need. I'm uber jealous.

8. I love Chinese. If you need someone to yell at the waitress, just call Bravie.

9. I knew about your Boo shirt. We talked about it during the walk. *grin*

10. Cross over! I just drove a Pacifica during my CA trip and loved it.

lights said...

I've never been to the Manderin but my parents and sister LOVE it. Next year for their 50th anniversary we're going away for a weekend and having dinner at the Manderin.

Just found out that my cousin is getting married in your city next September. See you then! *grin*

Yay for the cruise and Happy Anniversary! You'll get through the rough patch Meemo. I'm sure of it. *hugs*

Anonymous said...

1. I'm a little late. Did the worse happen?

2. You could try new Super Ultimate Frisbee. *grin* We had an event a few weeks ago. It was dark at 7:30, but the guys kept playing horseshoes in the dark. We at least turned the headlights on for them.

3. Wow! They really do grow up so fast. *sniff*

4. Mine is almost biologically 4, but he says he's going to be 11. Not sure where that came from.

5. That sucks!!

6. Only 5 weeks now!

7. *hugs* I can understand. You have a lot going on right now.

8. Do buffets have chicken and cashews? I love chicken and cashews. And actually, I love buffets.

9. How do you know it was me? I'm so sorry it was late. Kim and I were talking about it on our walk. Two of my favorite places in Richmond are Bottoms Up Pizza and Legend Pub. Bottoms Up had some need shirts that had cute sayings on them like "Cheesey or Hot" and they used the pizza in the words. But they didn't make those in men's sizes. Legend Pub is an awesome brew pub, which makes its own beer, has the best deck in Richmond for eating and over looks the River and downtown. Glad you like it.

10. I would suggest a Toyota or a Jeep Cherokee. I would actually suggest the Toyota over the Jeep. DH is a mechanic, and he believes Chrysler products are sub par products. I think the Toyota is the Highlander. It has room for a family of four, has storage space, and is suitable for a man or woman to drive. Personally I love my Tahoe, but I would hate for you to be heckled for not being "earth friendly." *eye roll*

Ten is also a good place for a *smooch*