Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"I am so smart!

I am so smart!
S-M-R-T!
I mean S-M-A-R-T!"

Oh, I love me a good Homer Simpson reference every now and again. That doesn't mean I actually watch the Simpson's though. Haven't sat down and watched an episode in several years.

But I digress....

Newsflash: I love trivia (if you haven't noticed my competitive nature on the OT trivia contest). A local club was hosting a trivia night this past weekend, so DW and I compiled a table of geniuses (well, basically just a few friends).

With more than 20 teams of eight participating, we came in second place, only loosing by one point!

We thought we did pretty good, considering we were all in our late 20s/early 30s, while other teams had a more diverse age range (which helps when you get questions about Woodstock, the Second World War and such).

On a completely different note, tonight, DD is dressing up as a pirate, and DS will be in a giraffe costume. I? Will eat all the candy (specifically the chocolate). Mwuhahahahaha!

4 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

We love trivia, too, although Chris is waaaaaay better at it than I am. I like NTN...I can usually guess the right one given some choices.

That was something we enjoyed doing on our last cruise (triva games at the bars), so hopefully they'll do them again. We kicked butt at two games (him at the general trivia game, me at the tv show theme songs game).

kevingrout said...

This one had a bunch of categories including TV show theme songs, What Year Was It?, geography, entertainment, science and sports (among others). So you needed to have a real cross-section of talent and knowledge to do well.

Luckily, we did.

I hope we have some of those trivia contests on our cruise.

Puffy said...

Pirates sure are popular with little kids these days!

Train your kids early to dislike chocolate!

Swami said...

Conga rats, Meemo! I always knew you were brilliant.

I know all trivia answers so long as the question is not directed at me. Then I choke.