Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labo(u)r Day... lives up to its name

No, DW didn't go into labour this weekend (that would be a bit early, wouldn't it?).

But I did spend the entire weekend working. Fixing up the house in order to sell it. Isn't that a bitch? This weekend involved much painting (for curb appeal) and baseboard fitting. And there's still more to do.

On the brightside, I'm taking Friday off too, so that means a three-day work week. Of course, I'm sure there will be another project for me to tackle then.

We've had lots of showings on the house, but no biters. In fairness, the price we were asking is a bit high, so we might consider lowering the price a bit to see if we can get some action going.

DW and I are going to a rock concert on Thursday night at a seedy place called "The Underground." Not sure what it will be like, but I have to try and come up with my best Rock Star wardrobe so that I don't look too refined or *gasp* yuppie-ish. *Note to self: leave pink phone at home.

7 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Oooh, sounds like fun (the concert, not the home repairs).

Have you talked to the neighbors about moving yet? Were they sad?

Jen said...

Who ya going to see?

Good luck with the house!

kevingrout said...

Kim: Yeah, we talked to the neighbours. They were cool, but a bit disappointed. We promised we would only let somebody cool buy our house :-)

Jen: Ever heard of Hawksley Workman? Probably not, cuz he's Canadian :-) Glowie has heard of him because we told her about a big conspiracy theory floating around that he and Lukas Rossi are one in the same person. They kinda look alike, they kinda sound alike, they're from the same town, and they kinda have the same personality. Workman is even mentioned in the Wikipedia entry for Lukas. Read this article for more conspiracy stuff: http://tinyurl.com/l94h8


Nonetheless, a very excellent musician and vocalist.

Jen said...

Newp, never heard of him, but that's funny about the conspiracy. Have a good time!

Bravie said...

I would like the Meemos to move next dorr to me. It will be vacant at the end of this month and I am just praying for a decent set of neighbors for a change. Please Meemo family, move next to me.

kim (weltek) said...

How was the concert?

kim (weltek) said...

You really need to update. :-)