Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm baaaaaack

Wow, that was a bit of a break, now wasn't it?

I sit here with time to write this because we have been dealing with a minor incident involving an anonymous veiled threat of a toxic substance that starts with "a" and ends with "nthrax."

Considering the school was swarmed by police, firefighters, public health workers, and a bunch of peeps in biohazard suits, it was a bit of a crazy day. Particularly when your job is to fight all the misinformation that leaks into the media within a matter of minutes. So here I sit at 6 p.m., finally eating my lunch, and taking some time to post on my blog.

But I digress. Weltek told me to update, so here I am.

The house is conditionally sold, so I'll be moving next month if everything goes according to plan. I suppose I best get packing (ugh!).

The rock concert we went to was awesome, and DW even got her picture taken with Hawksley Workman (while he had his arm wrapped around her). Needless to say, she now wants to name our unborn child after him.

We competed in a mini Amazing Race that was put on here last week. 16 teams of 4 participated. Teamo Meemo (including 5-month-pregnant DW)? First place, thankyouverymuch. This pretty much confirmed for me that I could run the real thing, and kick some serious ass.

So that's about it for now. We go for the ultrasound next week to find out the sex of the baby. I'll be sure to let you know. I also think I'll post a pic or two soon, assuming blogger lets me.

12 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

You've been having a very exciting life lately!

Your DW is such a trooper. Going to a rock concert, participating in an amazing race...wow! Congrats on the first place finish! Chris and I would kill eachother before making it to the first pit stop.

Jen said...

Starts with a and ends with nthrax. Hmmm. I give up. What was it? *grin*
That sounds skeery!

Woohoo! I want to see Meemo on TAR!

I guess boy. If it's a girl will she still want to name her Hawksley Workman?

Schnookie said...

Congrats on the sale! That was fast. Have you actually found a house to move to?

Congrats on first place! WOOHOO! I'd love to see you on the real TAR. That would be so cool.

Schnookie said...

Ok, I just read below that you did indeed find another house. Best of luck with it all Meemo!

Swami said...

Isn't TAR another US show that doesn't allow Canadians? Even tres good-looking ones? You and the DW could have gone as Team Preggo. Think how fun it would have been to scale the Great Wall of China while pregnant!

I don't remember seeing an anthrax scare in (your city) on TV here. If it had been anywhere in the US CNN would have devoted at tleast 8.3 hours of time to live coverage and updates.

Zombs said...

Wow congrats on the sale!

We are putting our house up. I just signed the contract to list it. Takes a lot longer here. I am very stressed with a baby coming and trying to do this!

You are very lucky!
Well we don't have a house to go to though. We will look after we sell!

kevingrout said...

Jen: Not sure if she wants to go with Hawksley for a girl, but I wouldn't put it past her :-) We haven't truly gotten into the naming thing yet, as it was the most contentious part of the pregnancy last time.

Swami: If you didn't see anything about the scare, I guess I did my job well :-) It was on a lot of the Canadian media sites (including CBC, CTV, the Globe and Mail), but by late day it had been ruled a hoax, so was basically a non-event by the evening news. The local paper of course, had it spalshed across the front page the next day.

Zombs: It helped with the sale that I had an outstanding agent: my wife :-) Our property was also in a very sale-able location and price range, so we figured it would go quick.

*waves to Nookie and Kim*

~Nutz said...

Yay for the house sale!

Congrats to Teamo Meemo!!! That must've been so cool!

Thank goodness that scare was a hoax.

yvonne said...

Hi Meemo! Congrats on the house sale, and *high fives* on your first place TAR finish. Very impressive.

lights said...

Hey Meemo!!! I can't believe I JUST NOW found your blog! Thanks for the nice things you had to say in the Peep Meet post. I'm so glad we finally got to meet too. What the heck took us so long?

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Great news you've got going on. You think that super outstanding agent of your could find a buyer for my house? *grin*

*hugs the Meemos*

HistoryDetective said...

OK, OK, but when we run the real Race we have to have a name other than Teamo Meemo. I refuse to be in your shadow all 40,000 miles...

Puffy said...

Well you sure have a newsy blog. Looking forward to hearing more about the baby and the new house. Congrats to Teamo Meemo!