Friday, August 18, 2006

It's been a week already?

I really try to discipline myself to post every day, but then I look and see it's been a week since my last post. I suck at blog commitment.

A few reality TV thoughts, since I have to be in at 8 p.m. almost every night for baby to go to bed:

1. Rockstar is an awesome show - one of my favourites. But I'm finding myself not able to stand Dilana. I'm really digging Lukas - not sure if it's because he's from my hometown, or if it's because Glowie slipped me some kind of hallucinogen when I saw her a couple of weeks ago. Ryan is the other one I'm rooting for, but not as much. The other part of me wants Dilana to win, just because I know the band won't last very long or see significant success. But I digress....

2. Big Brother - I've never been a big fan of the show (as far as investing my emotions, or loving or hating any particular player), but I find I must watch EVERY EPISODE. I don't have the live feeds, but I check the RTVW many times during the course of a day. Perhaps I'm drawn to it because I'm finding myself smitten by Janelle. I've never been one to fall for the blonde bombshell type, but there's a first for everything. Of course, I'm also in awe of the genius that is Will. But I digress....

3. DW forced me to watch So You Think You Can Dance. Is it just me, or did that show run for 52 consecutive weeks? Holy Shnike! It seemed to never end. Not sure what the big deal was (I never got into it), but I'm sure we'll end up going to see them on tour *rolls eyes*.

4. DW also likes to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter. Not much to say here, other than I think my next career will be as a bounty hunter. It looks exhillerating.

5. Is it time for the Amazing Race to start yet?

9 comments:

mm said...

Hmm, I can't say I've watched any of those, except for BB, which may be one of my favorite shows. Helps that it runs during the off season, when there's nothing else to watch, too. :)
You can have Janelle, and I'll take Will. ;-)

Thanks for my link!

(and trust me, as far as whining and badgering goes, you hadn't heard anything yet! Consider yourself lucky) ;-)

Bravie said...

We have the same thoughts on Janelle. Although I am more smitten in a platonic kind of way with her. I think she awesome and want to hang out with her.

Dog the Bounty Hunter is in hot water around here. They just tried to nab someone here in the next town over and as it turns out, they were arresting the wrong guy. Big ooops on his part.

Swami said...

I have never seen Dog the Bounty Hunter and I probably never will.

Will has brought BB back to life, but I wish Janie was playing a different game. I'm starting to not like her anymore.

Has the DW watched Project Runway? I am new to that show this time around. It is way more enjoyable than I ever thought it would be! RedLady (remember her?) turned me on to it. Heidi Klum vamps herself up in some of the strangest outfits for the runway.

kim (weltek) said...

Hi Meemo!
Rockstar rocks. It's one of my few remaining reality addictions. I'm not particularly passionate about any of our rockers, though. The first time I re-watched a performance was Magni's Creep from last week. Other performances I liked, I knew would get an encore the next evening, so I didn't bother rewatching them. Once Patrice is gone, I'm frankly ok with any of them winning.

I haven't watched Big Brother since whatever season Danielle was one. However, I'm liking All-Stars. I watch it whenever I can, however that's not often. I would like to date Will. Just sayin'.

SYTYCD? Ugh. Horrid show. I watched part of the finale by mistake.

DTBH? Almost as bad. It's like trailer trash hunting for trailer trash.

I'm not as enthralled by Project Runway as I have been in previous seasons. Might just be my lack of free time.

Jen said...

Don't you be dissing on SYTYCD. That is my most favorite show of the summer. I wish it did run for 52 consecutive weeks!! And yeah, ok, I'm in love with the dorky, gawky Mormon boy who won. What of it? :)
Oh! If you get tickets for the tour, buy me one too please. They sold out here before I could get them. *pout*

~Nutz said...

TAR!!! September 17th baby!!! *grin*

You gonna pariticipate in my Lvoe Lists this year? *grin*

Puffy said...

You're in bed every night at 8? No wonder you made another baby!

HistoryDetective said...

Amazing Race starts soon! When are we sending in our application?

yvonne said...

Hi Meemo!

Welcome to the LOJ (Legion of Janelle). There's a tribe siggie waiting for you in Fanatics if you'd so like. :-)

Even though I am in the LOJ, I do love Dr Will. He rocks.

Amazing Race, baby! Cannot wait!!!

*smooch*