Thursday, June 15, 2006

Peripatesis

I tend to take my little girl on walks. Put her in the stroller, and away we go. Sometimes we go for a good 45-60 minutes and go quite a distance since I have a long stride and tend to truck along pretty fast. I consider it an excersise, not just a comfortable stroll.

Well last night was goregeous - not too hot, but still shorts and t-shirt weather. So we started out on a walk. And we kept going. And going. And going.

After 90 minutes, we had covered a good 12 km loop, going from the centre/west part of town to the extreme eastern edge and back again.

Last night, I felt great.

Today, I hurt.

10 comments:

kim (weltek) said...

Holy carp! Guess there is no reason I can't walk home from work tonight (about 4 miles), huh?

I think it's awesome you do that. As she gets older, you'll have to continue the walking tradition.

*packs shoes*

HistoryDetective said...

Does this mean that you're getting old?

Puffy said...

That's such a great time of day to go for a walk. I love the weather this time of year in the early evenings.

Swami said...

Walking your kids is great. Does she sleep through most of it? My kids almost always corked off on a long walk. I never went super fast like you do. I liked looking at everybody's houses too much.

Bravie said...

I agree with HD.

Swami said...

Happy Father's Day, Meemo.

kevingrout said...

HD & Carey: No, I am NOT getting old. I am young and spry, dammit! :-)

Swami: thanks. And no, she normally doesn't sleep. She is wide awake, taking in all the sights, pointing at different things, and gibber-gabbering away. It's our daddy-daughter time.

HistoryDetective said...

I tagged you on my blog in the seven things meme. That will give you an excuse to update!

mm said...

Well, I must admit, I'm bummed you are *not* getting old. I have a thing for older men. ;-)

Monstah said...

What a little Engergizer Bunny you are! Sometimes we get lost in walks, uh?