Thursday, May 31, 2007

Randoms

I was tagged by Lightsy and Swami for the eight randoms, and need to post about something other than my last post, so here goes....

1. Our acting director's last day is today. That essentially leaves me in charge for the time being, with no managerial structure between me and the President. I'm looking at this as an opportunity.

2. I'm going to start playing ultimate frisbee again. There's a group of similar-aged peeps who play every Wednesday night that I used to play with, that I've reconnected with to start playing again. It's fun, and a sh!t-load of running to keep me in shape.

3. Our new house (well, we've been here 8 months now) is a block from a major canal. It has a 25 km recreation path that runs along it, which I utilize nearly every night either walking or on my bike (not the whole length) with my kids. I love it.

4. IMHO, we spend way to much time in front of the TV (in the evenings). I recognize this fact. DW does not.

5. I've always been perplexed by goons and thugs on TV who are willing to die for their jobs when fighting the good guys. Is it really worth it?

6. I have a Vince Carter bobble-head on my desk from when he played with the Raptors. I can't stand him now, so why is it still there?

7. I plan on celebrating the birthday of my saxophone later this year. It is a vintage, Buescher Tru-Tone Silver alto saxophone. According to the serial number archives, it was manufactured in 1927, meaning it turns 80 this year. I think an octogenarian celebration is in order. I love my saxo-ma-phone.

8. Like txmomma, I need a haircut. Maybe I'll go tonight.

That's all. I don't know if anyone is left to be tagged, but I'll say Boo, Zombs, and HD

6 comments:

mtw said...

Okay, number 5 made me laugh at my desk!

kim (weltek) said...

Spending that much time on the trail must mean you can't be spending THAT much time in front of the tv! Or, it means you get off work early enough that you can have the exercise dono and dinner finished by 7.

Cool about your mngr being gone now. And yay about the ultimate frisbee! I always thought that looked fun.

kevingrout said...

Hey Kim,

I'm usually home by 5:30, eating dinner by 6, and out the door by 6:30 p.m. We try and get DD to bed by 8, but sometimes it's as late as 9 p.m.

After that, we're planted in front of the TV whilst she sleeps, until 11 p.m. or so when we normally head to bed (we're both nighthawks, but also have to work around the schedule of the baby).

So at least 2-3 hours of TV per night.

Swami said...

*glides into blog on too-small skates*
*gives Meemo a big, wet garlicky smooch – with tongue!*
*skates off to next blog, giggling like a maniac*

Aislinn Sirk said...

So why isn't this blog devoted to gratitude to Bob for finally linking you?

(and for fixing puffy's and lightsy's links)

Swami said...

My evil sister lives near your canal.