Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Because I need to post something

Wow... I've been neglecting this poor place.

Spend too much time reading everybody else's blogs.

So anyways, I had a kick in the pants the other day.

Here's the start: I've become somewhat disillusioned with my job recently. We have been going through change for the last two years, with our team being short-handed and missing two levels of management.

As a result, I broke down and sent out a resume for an external position (a management position), that I thought I was well qualified for.

The second stream of the story goes like this: I've been working indirectly with a lady here at work (let's call her Jill) for the past four years or so. She was a recent graduate when I started, so I took her under my wing to help her along in our industry (she got a junior position in another department). We would get together for lunch every now in awhile, and I would provide guidance and we would talk shop.

Back to the other stream: About a week went by, and I got a letter in the mail: "Dear Mr. Meemo, Thanks for you interest in the position. We had many quality applicants, but regret to inform you that you will not be considered for an interview."

The other day, I get an e-mail from Jill (part of a group e-mail): "Dear friends, thanks for all your support over the last few years. I am happy to announce that I will taking position as Manager of blah blah blah blah blah on June 1."

Yup, the job that I applied for, and didn't even get interviewed for.

*sigh*

That's me feeling sorry for myself.

(FTR, I am very happy for her. But also very pissed. Does that make sense?)

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, man. That is major suckitude. I'm sorry, Meemo. I'd be pissed and feeling sorry for myself, too. :(

*hugs*

momma said...

That does suck. I know you don't want to hear this, but...maybe in the long run it's better you weren't called back. I went thru this a year or so ago and am currently glad I didn't leave my job. *smooch*

How are the Meemo-munchkins?

Glowie said...

{{hug}} It does make sense that you are happy for her but still pissed. And Momma's right, maybe it will turn out better in the long run.

*smoooooooooooch* for my Meeeeeeeeeemo and Mrs. Meeeeeeemo

~Nutz said...

Omigawd. That's so aggravating! You'll find your niche, don't worry.

kim (weltek) said...

Wow, bummer! What a small world. Don't take it personally. They never got to meet you.

Swami said...

I would feel jealous and annoyed while being happy for her too. Easier if a stranger had got the job instead.

Just don't get discouraged and "settle". Somewhere out there is a better job - with your name on it!