Wednesday, November 07, 2007

I'm goin' back to Cali....

...to Cali, to Cali. I'm going back to Cali.... I don't think so. (an old LL Cool J song reference).

Here I sit, overlooking San Diego Bay (and the cruise ships) all by my lonesome, having been awake for the past 22 hours. I am going to bed soon.

I got in okay this morning (I left my house at 3 a.m.), but since my conference is at the hotel I'm staying at, I have no car. So I explored a good chunk of downtown by foot today. (note for Puffy: I haven't been to see the Dead Sea Scrolls yet... I'll see how the week pans out).

I'm here until Sunday, with sessions starting tomorrow. We'll see how it goes.

8 comments:

frodis said...

Are you at the big silver Marriott? I ask because. . .

In your room, is there a card with a photo of your housekeeper, and a little note about how she came to be a housekeeper and how much she loves it?

I stayed at that Marriott last year and thought that the housekeeper trading card was one of the funnies things I'd seen, so I took a picture of it.

I like San Diego.

momma said...

Enjoy your trip and the conferences. San Diego has always fascinated me.

And I got the LLCoolJ reference.

Swami said...

What? No peep meets planned?

kevingrout said...

No Frodis... at the Holiday Inn on the Bay. Now that you've said that, I wish I was at the Marriott! :-)

I figured you were cool like that Momma ;-)

And Swami, alas, the only peep in this part of CA (that I know of) is Puffy, and she is at least an hour away. She was here on the weekend, but I didn't arrive until Tuesday. I'm here until Saturday though, so if anyone wants to come see me....

Puffy said...

I would drive back if I could but it's about 2 1/2-4 hours away, depending on traffic. There's a San Diego trolley that drives all through San Diego. See if you're anywhere near it. Old Town San Diego is nice with a great Mexican restaurant.

kim (weltek) said...

I would drive to see you, but it's about a kajillion hours away.

mtw said...

San Diego is awesome. I encouraged DD to go to UC San Diego but she choose Idaho! :(

Have fun. I second Puffy's suggestion about Old Town. Have a margarita for me!

Anonymous said...

I used to have an ex in San Diego. And I too would come see you, but it's like a bazillion miles away.