Thursday, October 05, 2006

Music and stuff

I love music.

I just never realized how diverse my tastes were. In the matter of just a couple minutes, I was listening to a contemporary Christian song (with a killer guitar riff that I'm trying to learn); I then found myself humming "Red Flag" by Billy Talent (theyr're a punk, alterna-rock band from Canada), just prior before popping my new Jack Johnson CD (folksy guitar guy - he did the Curious George soundtrack) into my computer.

I would truly love to work in the music industry - preferably as a musician. Guess I best get practicing.

*makes note to keep an eye on announcements for the next Rock Star auditions* :-)

As for the stuff going on at the other place I don't even know where to begin - I'm not sure why I've never waded into the conversations about religion. I mean, I used to be a minister, I'm am still actively involved in church and a practicing Christian - but I NEVER wade into the deep end. I know that I have experiences and insight that might benefit the disucssions, but I don't. I suspect it's largely a time issue. By the time I get throught the thread, and think to post something (when I actually have time to do that), another 20 posts have been made making my point moot or off-topic.

If anyone wants my take on a particular issue, just let me know :-)

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

Funny, 'cause here I sit listening to Jonny Lang's newest album, marveling over his voice and his guitar virtuosity...and the fact that the album is gospel-tinged, almost Contemporary Christian territory. It's called "Turn Around." Check it out.

~ saphron

kim (weltek) said...

Have you lived in your car? I suggest you try it for a bit. Seems to bode well for Canadian Rock Stars.

Sigh. I usually don't wade into it either because I truly believe each person believes they are doing the right thing with their religious beliefs...or non-beliefs. I think hatred and judgement, wherever it spawns from is what bothers me. Religious participation or belief is a very personal matter. My only hope is that people involved in religion don't follow blindly and those not involved in religion still find ways to spread goodness.

Bravie said...

I have a pretty ecclectic taste in music as well.
My best musical diversity story is this: A few years ago, Michelle and I went to back to back concerts. Wednesday night we went and saw AC/DC in concert. The next morning we flew to LA to go see Barbra Streisand. Doesn't get much more diverse than that.

As for the other place. I get myself in enough trouble of there. I probably shouldn't spill that over into a lot of other places.

momma said...

My music is a bit diverse, but for the most part, it's mostly popular stuff or once-popular stuff.

You were a minister?! I had no idea.

Glowie said...

ack! I love Jonny Lang! I forgot all about his new album.